Saturday, May 28, 2022

Week 21 Review: Angel of the Overpass

From Goodreads:
Lady of shadows, keeper of changes, plant the seeds of faith within me, that I might grow and flourish, that I might find my way through danger and uncertainty to the safety of your garden. Let my roots grow strong and my skin grow thick, that I might stand fast against all who would destroy me. Grant to me your favor, grant to me your grace, and when my time is done, grant to me the wisdom to lay my burdens down and rest beside you, one more flower in a sea of blooms, where nothing shall ever trouble me again.

Rose Marshall died when she was sixteen years old and on her way to her high school prom. She hasn't been resting easy since then—Bobby Cross, the man who killed her, got away clean after running her off the road, and she's not the kind of girl who can let something like that slide. She's been looking for a way to stop him since before they put her body in the ground.

But things have changed in the twilight world where the spirits of the restless dead continue their "lives." The crossroads have been destroyed, and Bobby's protections are gone. For the first time, it might be possible for Rose to defeat him.

Not alone, though. She'll need every friend she's managed to make and every favor she's managed to add to her account if she wants to stand a chance…and this may be her last chance to be avenged, since what is Bobby Cross without the crossroads?

Everything Rose knows is about to change. 

My Review:
Man, this was an amazing read! I was thinking that this book would deal with what Antimony did in That Ain't Witchcraft, with the Crossroads as we knew it being destroyed. And it did, and I loved the tables being turned on Bobby! 

It's like Bobby can't learn. And he vacillates between wanting Rose to be fuel for his car, and wanting Rose it seems, and he never learns that she hates him either way. I was really excited to see how things would change, now that he was no longer protected. 

Of course, things aren't easy, because the crossroads being gone has also affected the Ghost Roads and the Twilight. I had a really great time going on this adventure with Rose! And oh, was their final showdown fantastic! 

One minor but important part of this story, was her relationship with Gary. I mean, he carried a torch for her, to become her car, but he did it without asking, after they'd experienced very different things in the 50+ years they'd been apart. They didn't know who the other was. So while that wasn't totally resolved, it's started on it's way, and that was really great! 

I would kinda love a 4th book. With all the changes in Rose's life, I would love to see how everything turns out! I loved everything that happened, and I really hope that we get more, because I have such a great time reading her stories!

This was a really great read, and I would love to have more! 

Author: Seanan McGuire
Series: Ghost Roads #3
Read: May 24th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: DAW
Published: May 11th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!