Saturday, May 28, 2022

Week 21 Review: A Cruel and Fated Light

From Goodreads:
Half-fae Arlo becomes entangled in the courtly intrigue at the Seelie Summer palace as danger for ironborns mounts in this gripping sequel to A Dark and Hollow Star that's The Cruel Prince meets City of Bones.

After thwarting the man behind the gruesome ironborn murders—and breaking several fae laws to do so—all Arlo wants is a quiet summer. As the deity of luck's Hollow Star, capable of bringing about endless possibilities, this shouldn't be too much to ask, right?

But someone is still trying to summon the mythical Seven Deadly Sins. All signs point to immortal meddling, and if this is the gods' attempt at returning to the Mortal Realm, it's Arlo they're going to use to do it.

When Queen Riadne offers to host Arlo at the Seelie Summer palace, she jumps at the chance. She'll get to see more of Vehan and Aurelian and perhaps even work out her complicated feelings for the gorgeous ex-Fury, Nausicaä. But no one trusts the infamous Queen of Light, even as Arlo wonders if she's just been greatly misunderstood.

With the Summer Solstice quickly approaching, everyone expects Riadne to finally challenge the High King for his crown. And as Arlo struggles to get control of her powers and take charge of her destiny, she'll soon be faced with a choice that won't only change the fate of the Mortal Realm forever but could condemn it to a cruelty the likes of which the Courts have never known.

My Review:
Man, this book! I loved being in this world again, and hanging out with the gang again! I had such a great time, though it wasn't really great for them! I had to know what was going to happen next, because oh, there were plots brewing! 

Things have calmed down after the events of the first book, and these characters have split up again. I was just itching to get the band back together, though, because they're such great characters, and I enjoy their dynamics with one another! 

There are quite a few secrets still being held. Like how Riadne is blackmailing Aurelian, so he doesn't tell Vehan the truth. As well as a few mysteries, like who is trying to summon the Seven Deadly Sins, because that sounds like a swell idea (can you read my sarcasm?)

That ending though? That was just killer! I just couldn't put it down, and I couldn't believe what was happening! I need to know what's going to happen next, what's going to be the impact of what happened! I mean, that was major! 

This was another really great book, and now I'm dying for book 3! 

Author: Ashley Shuttleworth 
Series: The Hollow Star Saga #2
Read: May 23rd, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her wrist book and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: May 24th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!