Saturday, May 28, 2022

Week 21 Review: Flip the Script

From Goodreads:
The first rule of watching K-dramas: Never fall in love with the second lead.

As an avid watcher of K-dramas, Hana knows all the tropes to avoid when she finally lands a starring role in a buzzy new drama. And she can totally handle her fake co-star boyfriend who might be falling in love with her. After all, she promised the producers a contract romance, and that's all they're going to get from her.

But when showrunners bring on a new girl to challenge Hana's role as main love interest—and worse, it's someone Hana knows all too well—can  Hana fight for her position on the show while falling for her on-screen rival in real life?

-K-drama lovers will fall for all the fan-favorite tropes that make for a hit show.
-Romance is everywhere in this swoony, joy-filled novel, with fake dating, a secret relationship, and a classic love triangle!
-Visit South Korea as Hana takes readers through popular spots and hidden gems.

My Review:
Man, this was an awesome book! There was so much drama and I just couldn't put it down! These chapters were so short and I needed to know what was going to happen next, and I had such a great time reading Hana's story! 

I haven't read her first book, I'll Be the One, but I think it was mentioned in this one, with a singer who was brought from America to Korea, so I'm going to have to check it out! It sounded really great, and I enjoyed this one, so I'm looking forward to checking it out! 

On the one hand, boo that there's competition to basically stay on the show, with the introduction of a new love interest. On the other hand, that new love interest is played by her maybe former friend, and they're maybe former because Hana got the job instead of her. So it's a complicated situation! 

Hana was such a great character to read about, I loved watching her deal with being an actress on this tv show-of being bi, and not having a happy ending for any queer characters in K-dramas. This book did as the title says it does, and I really enjoyed it! 

This was a really great read, and I need to read more by Lyla Lee! 

Author: Lyla Lee
Read: May 27th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Expected Publication: May 31st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!