Saturday, May 28, 2022

Week 21 Review: Two Weeks' Notice

After dying and being revived with the experimental drug Returne, Bryn Davis is theoretically free to live her unlife—with regular doses to keep her going. But Bryn knows that the government has every intention of keeping a tight lid on Pharmadene's life-altering discovery, no matter the cost.

And when some of the members of a support group for Returne addicts suddenly disappear, Bryn begins to wonder if the government is methodically removing a threat to their security, or if some unknown enemy has decided to run the zombies into the ground…

My Review:
This was another great book in this series! I love Rachel Caine's writing and the first book, and I had a really great time with this one! That the company has been taken down is great, but that doesn't mean that everything is over! 

The mystery about the missing members had me flying through the pages. I had to know what was going on! And oh, it was such a great story, and I enjoyed watching everything play out! Because boy, did it grow to be a pretty big conspiracy! 

Oh, and I loved the romance! We had hints of it in the first book, but it really bloomed in this book, which was really great! The banter between Bryn and Patrick was so great in the first book, and I loved watching it become something more in this one! 

There were a few other things going on in the background, like the search for Bryn's sister, as well as dealing with the fact that she died and is only walking now, is because she's dependent on Returne. So that's a fun bunch of emotions to struggle with! 

This was another great read, and I can't wait to read the finale! 

Author: Rachel Caine 
Series: Revivalist #2
Read: May 22nd, 2022
Source: Own 
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Roc
Published: July 25th 2012 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!