Saturday, June 4, 2022

Week 22 Review: Don't Even Think About It

From Goodreads:
Contemporary teen fiction with romance, secrets, scandals, and ESP from the author of Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have).

We weren't always like this. We used to be average New York City high school sophomores. Until our homeroom went for flu shots. We were prepared for some side effects. Maybe a headache. Maybe a sore arm. We definitely didn't expect to get telepathic powers. But suddenly we could hear what everyone was thinking. Our friends. Our parents. Our crushes. Now we all know that Tess is in love with her best friend, Teddy. That Mackenzie cheated on Cooper. That, um, Nurse Carmichael used to be a stripper.

Since we've kept our freakish skill a secret, we can sit next to the class brainiac and ace our tests. We can dump our boyfriends right before they dump us. We know what our friends really think of our jeans, our breath, our new bangs. We always know what's coming. Some of us will thrive. Some of us will crack. None of us will ever be the same.

So stop obsessing about your ex. We're always listening. 

My Review:
Man, this was such a fun read! I love the idea of a flu shot giving you the power to read peoples' minds! And I really enjoy Sarah Mlynowski's writing. So this book had a lot of great elements going into it, and yeah, I had such a great time with it!

These were teenagers, and when you add in their powers, well, things got complicated with their relationships very quickly. We mainly focused on Mackenzie and Cooper, Tess, and Olivia, some of whom I liked more than others. But people are allowed to make mistakes.

Olivia, and Tess were my favourite characters. They both make questionable decisions in regards to their love lives because they can read their partner's minds, but then there was Mackenzie who cheated, and Cooper who was having trouble with all the secrets coming out. Or Pi trying to get all the power.

I really enjoyed how things ended with the reveal of their powers, and where all of them are, as couples. And it has me really excited for the sequel, because it sounds like a pretty wild ride! I had such a great time with these characters, and I can't wait for more! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read the sequel! 

Author: Sarah Mylnowski
Series: Don't Even Think About It #1
Read: May 28th, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I enjoyed her other book that I've read, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: March 11th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!