Saturday, October 1, 2022

Week 39 Reviews: Fed, Deadline


From Goodreads:
An alternate ending to the first novel in the Newsflesh trilogy, Feed.

It can be read also on the webpage of orbit books - orbitbooks.net

Be advised there are major spoilers for FEED contained therein. If you haven't read FEED yet, don't go any further. These books are fantastic as the many Newsflesh fans will tell you. You'll want to enjoy every surprising twist and turn on what has been one wild ride for the Mason siblings.

But if the crew of After the End Times are old friends of yours, then by all means continue and read FED or download a pdf.

Shaun Mason is a man without a mission. Not even running the news organization he built with his sister has the same urgency as it used to. Playing with dead things just doesn't seem as fun when you've lost as much as he has.

But when a CDC researcher fakes her own death and appears on his doorstep with a ravenous pack of zombies in tow, Shaun has a newfound interest in life. Because she brings news-he may have put down the monster who attacked them, but the conspiracy is far from dead.

Now, Shaun hits the road to find what truth can be found at the end of a shotgun.

My Review:
It was really great to read these stories! I loved the first book, and I don't know why it took me so long to continue, but it was really great to be in this world again! I really enjoyed being with these characters again, watching them face these various threats! 

Fed, oh man. Knowing that this could've happened, it's even worse then what happened in Feed. And it so nearly could've been what happened! I wish things in Feed hadn't have gone down like they did, but I wouldn't wish this happened instead! 

After everything that happened in Feed, Shaun is pretty aimless. They achieved what they wanted, but at a high cost. Then this new conspiracy comes around, and it's just the thing for him to take on. There were many fantastic twists and reveals, and I couldn't put it down! 

Oh, and that ending! I need to know what's going to happen next! It's such an evil cliffhanger, and it was such a shocker! How things are going to progress from here, it's going to be so entertaining and I can't wait to read it! 

Loved reading these books, and I can't wait to finish off the series! 

Author: Mira Grant 
Series: Newsflesh #1.5, 2
Read: September 30th, 30th, 3033
Source: Ebook.bike, Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and they're 2022 Dystopia Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books! 
Publisher: Orbit
Published: May 16th 2012, June 1st 2011

Fed:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Deadline:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!