Saturday, October 8, 2022

Week 40 Review: Somebody That I Used to Know

From Goodreads:
In this fresh, addictive novel from the author of Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now, an aspiring musician is forced to reunite with her ex–best friend—who just happens to be the world's biggest teen star.

Dylan Woods hasn't seen her best friend, Langston, in years. After he moved to Los Angeles, he ghosted her. Then he became Legendary, the biggest teen R & B artist on the planet.

For the most part, Dylan has moved on, with her sights set on Juilliard. But when her parents announce that Langston is coming for a short stay with them, the entire family is thrilled. Except for Dylan. The idea of sharing a house with music’s biggest bad boy makes her stomach churn.

But maybe Langston hasn't changed as much as Dylan thought—he's kept the bucket list they made together years ago. As they start checking off items on the list, Dylan starts to remember old times, her previous self, and their shared love of music.

And there's something else. As Dylan considers giving Langston another chance, she starts to realize that maybe her feelings for him go beyond friendship.

Maybe, just maybe, she's falling for her ex–best friend.

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I loved her other book, and when I saw this was about on NetGalley, I asked for, and got it! I loved reading Dylan's story, I love music and I love books, and having them together was fantastic!

If you're at all familiar with my tastes, you might know what's going to come next. But of course I have to talk about the cover first! The ombre of the yellow to orange of the background looks really great-and contrasts with the purples and blues of the middle. So I love this cover!

Legend ghosted her, once he moved to California, they were really tight best friends, but he dropped her, and that hurt. So finding out that he's going to be spending some time in her house, well, that puts a wrench in her practising for her Julliard audition. Not to mention that he wants to complete their bucket list, bringing up the complicated feelings of their past.

Watching her learn who he is now, what his life has been like, why he ghosted her, and just spending this time with him, was really great. Loved watching her fall in love. I'm not sure if he was falling, or if he'd already fallen, since we were only in her head, but I really enjoyed their romance. Especially the choices made at the end, to make sure that this is what they wanted, that was really mature, and great! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to read more by Dana L. Davis! 

Author: Dana L. Davis
Read: October 1st, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, I enjoyed her other book, and it's a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher: Skyscape
Expected Publication: October 18th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!