Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 Review: The Blood Keeper

From Goodreads:
For Mab Prowd, the practice of blood magic is as natural as breathing. It's all she's ever known. Growing up on an isolated farm in Kansas with other practitioners may have kept her from making friends her own age, but it has also given her a sense of purpose—she's connected to the land and protective of the magic. And she is able to practice it proudly and happily out in the open with only the crows as her companions. Mab will do anything to keep the ancient practice alive and guard its secrets. But one morning while she is working out a particularly tricky spell she encounters Will, a local boy who is trying to exorcise some mundane personal demons. He experiences Mab's magic in a way his mind cannot comprehend and is all too happy to end their chance meeting. But secrets that were kept from Mab by the earlier generations of blood magicians have come home to roost. And she and Will are drawn back together, time again by this dangerous force looking to break free from the earth and reclaim its own dark power.

My Review:
I loved reading this book so much! The first book came out on my birthday-and was really fantastic-and then I got the chance to read this book early (though bad me, that I didn't take that chance!) well, yeah, I just had to read it!

So this book is narrated by Mab, the daughter of the bad guy of the first book. And yeah, we get to see Silla and Nick in this book, too. But this is Mab and Will's book, which was really fantastic, as they face this threat!

But there was also Reece, and how he's the flock of crows, and how that fit into the plot, that was really great to read! I enjoyed it so much! So unique and different, a different take on magic! And what a threat they faced!

How it all came together, with these characters that were just fantastic to read about, they were so developed and real, was just the best! It was an ending that had consequences, some losses, but also the big win! So great!

I enjoyed reading this book so much, it was so great!

Author: Tessa Gratton
Series: The Blood Journals #2
Read: September 13th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Published: August 13th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!