Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 38 Review: Hemlock

From Goodreads:
Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac's life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac's hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy's killer:

A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome--also known as the werewolf virus--is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy's murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy's boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

My Review:
This book made me want to read it. I mean, seriously, read the synopsis. If your a fan of YA werewolves, it sounds like paradise. There was conflict, in the mystery of Amy's murder, and in the relationships. And then that ending! Wow, a cliffhanger!

I think one of my favourite parts was the dreams of the ghost of Amy, they were cryptic and informing, and just overall, I think really important! Plus, they were a way of grieving Amy, and working on that grief, to help solve her murder!

Between Jason and Kyle, I'm kinda surprised that Hemlock is still standing. I mean, there's the secrets that the both of them are keeping, and Jason's tendency towards alcohol, that it just seems like something needs to let off some steam, or it's going to explode!

Yeah, that ending. I just can't. You know, I just wanted to read a nice, great book. This was a hard, great book. And it only came out a couple of months ago, which means that the wait for the next one is massive. So I'm going to bury my feelings about this. Because I don't want my head to explode!

This was such an awesome book! I enjoyed it so much, and yeah, no more words!

Author: Kathleen Peacock
Series: Hemlock #1
Read: September 15th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a fantastic book, and it's a DAC book and a LLFL book!
Publisher: Kathleen Tegan Books
Published: May 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!