Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week 38 Review: A Duke's Promise

From Goodreads:
From the Land of Fire and Ice back to England's shores, Alexandria Featherstone finds herself the new Duchess of St. Easton. Her husband has promised a wedding trip to take them to the place where her imperiled parents were last seen -- Italy and the marble caves of Carrara -- but a powerful Italian duke plots against Alex and her treasure-hunting parents.

Hoping to save them, Alex and Gabriel travel to Italy by balloon. Fraught with danger on all sides and pressured by Gabriel's affliction to the breaking point, they must learn to work and fight together. The mysterious key is within their grasp, but they have yet to recognize it. This journey will require steadfast faith in God and each other -- a risk that will win them everything they want or lose them everything they have.

My Review:
I've been just so lucky to have had a chance to read all of these books before they come out! I might not have always taken that chance, but I got it, and I'm so thankful for that, because I've enjoyed these books just so much!

This book was different from the others for the simple reason that Alexandria and Gabriel are together. They weren't for the majority of the previous books, but this time it's the opposite that's the majority, seeing as they're married and all!

Where it all lead to? IT was just perfect, it made the whole journey spectacular, made it worth it! That was a perfect discovery, and with it, a perfect ending! Loved that epilogue with them, and deciding to share it with a child prodigy, Albert Einstein! So cool!

Though that ending, I wish that we'd gotten more details. Like what her parents did afterwards, because I'm interested in that! And it is the end of the series, so we won't get those details, which is too bad, but this was really fantastic!

I just really loved this book so much, it was a perfect ending to this series!

Author: Jamie Carie
Series: Forgotten Castles #3
Read: September 16th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first 2 books, had to finish the series, and it's a YAHFC book!
Publisher: B&H Books
Published: September 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

4.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!