Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 Review: Virtuosity

From Goodreads:
Now is not the time for Carmen to fall in love. And Jeremy is hands-down the wrong guy for her to fall for. He is infuriating, arrogant, and the only person who can stand in the way of Carmen getting the one thing she wants most: to win the prestigious Guarneri competition. Carmen's whole life is violin, and until she met Jeremy, her whole focus was winning. But what if Jeremy isn't just hot...what if Jeremy is better? Carmen knows that kissing Jeremy can't end well, but she just can't stay away. Nobody else understands her--and riles her up--like he does. Still, she can't trust him with her biggest secret: She is so desperate to win she takes anti-anxiety drugs to perform, and what started as an easy fix has become a hungry addiction. Carmen is sick of not feeling anything on stage and even more sick of always doing what she’s told, doing what's expected.

Sometimes, being on top just means you have a long way to fall...

My Review:
Reading this book was fantastic! I really enjoy music a lot, and though classical, violin stuff isn't really for me, well, it doesn't matter, because Carmen isn't me, she's a character that I'm reading about, so it was easy to go slip in her world!

I enjoyed reading this book so much! I've read a lot of books this week that the only way I can count them is to go by the reviews, since this is at 11:25, then this is the 18th review. So yeah, that's a lot. And yeah, it was really great to add this one to that!

It was really nice to read a book that wasn't a life or death consequences book. This book was way lighter, dealing with the personal struggles of Carmen, and yeah, that was really fantastic to read, she had a life that was really interesting!

I enjoyed how it wrapped up! There was happiness, and there was some sadness, and they worked together to give a really spectacular ending! It was just nice to read this book, nice and entertaining, and I really enjoyed it!

Man, this was a really great book, and I'm going to have to read more Jessica Martinez books!

Author: Jessica Martinez
Read: September 14th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a really good book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: October 18th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!