Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Black Heart

From Goodreads:
In a world where Magic is illegal.

Cassel Sharpe has the most deadly ability of all. With one touch, he can transform any object - including a person - into something else entirely. And that makes him a wanted man. The Feds are willing to forgive all his past crimes if he'll only leave his con artist family behind and go straight. But why does going straight feel so crooked?

For one thing, it means being on the opposite side of the law from Lila, the girl he loves. She's the daughter of a mob boss and getting ready to join the family business herself. Though Cassel is pretty sure she can never love him back, he can't stop obsessing over her. Which would be bad enough, even if her father wasn't keeping Cassel's mother prisoner in a posh apartment and threatening not to let her leave until she returns the priceless diamond she scammed off him years ago. Too bad she can't remember where she put it.

The Feds say they need Cassel to get rid of a powerful man who is spinning dangerously out of control. But if they want Cassel to use his unique talent to hurt people, what separates the good guys from the bad ones? Or is everyone just out to con him?

Time is running out, and all Cassel's magic and cleverness might not be enough to save him. With no easy answers and no one he can trust, love might be the most dangerous gamble of all.

My Review:
I've loved this series from the beginning, with Cassel and his clever plotting. And this book was no exception, it was so fantastic, and amazing to read! And while it's sad to stay goodbye to the characters, well, they had a really great run!

This book was a perfect ending to the series! All the conflicts in this series, they lead to this book, and this book played them all so perfectly! From Lila, the feds, his family, they all have a role to play, and I loved reading about that!

I wish that this book was longer! Because I love/hate how easy it seemed to be to pull off the major con, and the less time it took there, then the less book there was! And that sucks, I wanted more! And I wish that we could've gotten more time with his grandfather!

Honestly, with my want of more, I would really love a 4th book. It would be OK to end here because the threads were wrapped up, but I'm desperately craving another hit for of the Curse Workers series. It's just so great!

I enjoyed this book so freaking much, it was a fantastic ending to the series, and I can't wait to read more Holly Black!

Author: Holly Black
Series: Curse Workers #3
Read: September 23rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved the first 2 books, had to read this one! And it's a Reward Challenge Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: April 3rd, 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!