Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 Review: The Forgiven Duke

From Goodreads:
Tethered by her impulsive promise to marry Lord John Lemon - the path of least resistance - Alexandria Featherstone sets off toward Iceland in search of her parents with a leaden heart. A glimpse of her guardian, the Duke of St. Easton - the path less traveled by - on Dublin's shore still haunts her.

Will he come after her? Will he drag her back to London, quelling her mission to rescue her treasure-seeking parents, or might he decide to throw caution to the wind and choose Foy Pour Devoir: "Faith for Duty," the St. Easton motto. The Featherstone motto Valens et Volens: "Willing and Able," beats in her heart and thrums through her veins. She will find her parents and find their love, no matter the cost.

The powerful yet wing-clipped Duke of St. Easton has never known the challenge that has become his life since hearing his ward's name. Alexandria Featherstone will be the life or the death of him. Only time and God's plan will reveal just how much this man can endure for the prize of love.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! After the ending of The Guardian Duke, well, yeah, I just had to read this book! And it picked up right away, and I just dove into this book! It was just so action packed, and excellent, and just a spectacular sequel!

So when we left off, Alexandria was leaving the Duke behind to travel to Iceland. And there's mixed feelings there-they keep missing each other, and these near misses are really piling up! But it's just so much fun to read!

This book ups the stakes, and it's just more then The Guardian Duke, which is really fantastic! I loved that book, and having this book be better, well, yeah, that's just a bonus! It was just so freaking excellent to read this book!

Oh, I loved how it ended so much! With them married and happy, though still the mystery of her parents looming! But there's still a 3rd book, which is great, and with the mentions of his health, which has changed off and on in the series, well, the 3rd book is going to be even better, I just know it!

I loved reading this book, it was just the best to read!

Author: Jamie Carie
Series: Forgotten Castles #2
Read: September 14th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Sophomore Challenge book, and a YAHFC book!
Publisher: B&H Books
Published: July 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!