Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Unleashed

From Goodreads:
Katelyn McBride's life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It's a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything.

Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! I've read other books by these author together, and a few by Nancy Holder alone, and I think of all of those, this one was the best! I really enjoyed it a lot, it was really great!

First off, to have your mom-your really only close family-die so that you could live, in an earthquake, yeah, that has to be pretty traumatizing. And then to pretty much immediately after leave your whole life behind, and go live in pretty much the middle of nowhere with a relative you've hardly met? Not fun! but Katelyn does it!

And then she's bitten by a strange animal-a werewolf, as it turns out. Which, as we learned more about them in this world, are pretty awesome! Not for Katelyn, but for us, what with the hell hounds and such!

I really liked her friend, Trick, it was really too bad that he wasn't the nicest after a while because she was hanging out with the Fenner family, but yeah, he was a really great guy besides that, having been though a hard time with the law.

I enjoyed this book so much, and yeah, I can't wait to read more!

Authors: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Series: Wolf Springs Chronicles #1
Read: September 27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Enjoyed the authors other books!
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published: November 22nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!