Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: The Calling

From Goodreads:
Maya Delaney's paw-print birthmark is the mark of what she truly is -a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly everyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it's only a matter of time before she's able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.

Now Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they're kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home.

My Review:
This book was just so good! It's been a while since I read The Gathering, but this book was just so action packed, things were happening, and yeah, I just loved reading this book so much! It was just a great middle book!

I loved the developments in this book, the helicopter crash, and finding out some more of what was going on. And then they went back home, and then they left. And then they met up with Rafe again! So much was going on!

And they found out that Nicole was a killer! Which was not fun, but seeing as she was separated from them, is a better thing then not! So I wonder how that's going to play out! And that wasn't the only thing-like meeting Maya's dad, and being around her grandmother, and then a mention of the other trilogy's events! I hope they meet up in the next book or soon after!

There were some hilarious moments in this book, like at the abandoned place, but then there were harder moments, when they hitch-hiked, and the guy was going to rape them. But Maya killed him. A bit harsh, but he deserved a punishment!

This was such a great book, I loved it so much, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Darkness Rising #2
Read: September 26th, 2012
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Loved The Gathering, and Kelley Armstrong's books, and it's a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Harper
Published: April 10th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!