Saturday, September 15, 2012

Week 37 Review: Dead Moon Girl

From Goodreads:
As their hardscrabble lives intertwine in a small, corrupt Montana town, Grace, a scheming runaway, JJ, her drifty fostercare sister, and Mick, the son of a petty thief, discover the body of a young woman. Afraid to come forward, the teens try to hide their knowledge of the crime, because they believe the murderer is one of the corrupt officials and businessmen who rule their town. But after a series of false moves and dumb mistakes, the teens are soon suspects themselves in a murder investigation threatening their freedom—and maybe their lives.

My Review:
This book was really fantastic! I didn't like it as much as I wanted to, but it was a really great nevertheless! The whole idea of it, that kids would be too scared to go to the police about a dead body, well, yeah, it sounds like it could happen, even how bad a situation it is!

These characters really made up this book! From Grace, and her running away from a horrible home life, to end up in this town that really isn't good to people! Mick, the son of a small-time thief hiding in this town. JJ, who's stuck in the town. Their stories together were this story for me!

I wouldn't want to be any of them! They've had pretty hard lives to get to the point that they got to. And then they get into this, and things go from bad to worse! Not fun at all, and it's not a situation teens and kids should deal with!

A complaint/fact that I have, is that the ending was a bit abrupt. Things happen, and there's a short resolution, and then it's done. I would've loved to have more time to savour the ending, because the journey is great, but the destination is still important, too!

I enjoyed this book a ton, it was really spectacular and great to read!

Author: Charlie Price
Read: September 12th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Expected Publication: October 30th 2012
4.5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!