Saturday, September 29, 2012

Week 39 Review: Foxfire

From Goodreads:
Tavian and Gwen race to find a magical cure in the third thrilling Other novel.

Tavian has never forgotten his real mother, a shapeshifting Japanese fox spirit like himself, who abandoned him. On a trip to Japan, his homeland, he discovers that she's alive. But a faceless ghost warns Tavian to stay away from her. Even worse, Tavian's magical fox powers have vanished. Finding his mother in Tokyo's seamy underworld may be his only chance to beat back the vicious dog spirits stalking him and his girlfriend Gwen--and to recover from a fatal magical illness eroding his human side.

My Review:
So I might wish that I had read the previous books in the series, well, this book is going to get me to read them, because I enjoyed it so much, and I just need to know what came before, that lead to this! It was so fantastic!

The world of Other, with shapeshifters, is so fantastic! If I had thought about it before I read this book, I think I would've come up with a pretty similar world. Because we humans are pretty terrified of things we don't understand. It was just so great to read this book!

The legend of the kitsune isn't one that I know much about, so this book was a breath of fresh air! I enjoyed it, and how it was, I enjoyed all that, and the world! It was original and awesome! I just really liked it!

There was the mystery, with Tavian's life on the line, was really awesome! I really enjoyed how it all came together, with his mom, and his girlfriend, and yeah, that was really fantastic! I enjoyed everything about this book!

Yeah, I'm really glad that I was able to get this book from NetGalley, otherwise I wouldn't have read this, and wouldn't be reading the first two novels!

Author: Karen Kincy
Series: Other #3
Read: September 27th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a  good book!
Publisher: Flux
Expected Publication: October 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!