Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Gatekeeper's Sons: Review

From Goodreads:
Fifteen-year-old Therese watches her parents die. While in a coma, she meets the twin sons of Hades—Hypnos, the god of sleep, and Thanatos, the god of death. She thinks she's manipulating a dream, not kissing the god of death and totally rocking his world. 

Than makes a deal with Hades and goes as a mortal to the Upperworld to try and win Therese's heart, but not all the gods are happy. Some give her gifts. Others try to kill her. 

The deal requires Therese to avenge the death of her parents. With the help of Than’s fierce and exotic sisters, the Furies, she finds herself in an arena face to face with the murderer, and only one will survive.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book. Therese sometimes didn't seem like a 15 year old girl, more like a 17, 18 year old, but then again, she did lose her parents, and then fall in love with the god of Death.

This was a really interesting book, especially since I just read the Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot, which mentions that Hades and Persephone had kids, well, here is a take on that, and I really enjoyed that, added to that the struggle of love, death, and revenge/justice.

One part I found really funny, was when before Therese knew that the Than from her dreams, and the Than with her were one and the same, and a god, when he was explaining his family, oh, dad couldn't get away and mom's with grandma? So funny! And it was the truth, though the bare, bare bones of the truth.

This is a series, so yeah, there's going to be more conflict! So with that ending, yeah, I just really want to read more of this series! It's was so entertaining and great, and I do want more! So yeah, that's a plus!

I enjoyed this book, and I hope you guys check it out, because it's free on most, if not all, retail stores right now!

Author: Eva Pohler
Series: Gatekeeper's Trilogy #1
Read: July 30th, 2013
Source: Innovated Online Book Tours Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Green Press
Published: August 12th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars




Bio:
I write fiction for teens and adults and teach writing and literature at the University of Texas at San Antonio, where I live with my husband, three kids, two dogs, and two rats (Katniss and Prim, of course). I'm also an avid reader and book reviewer. I've always said I never want to give up reading for writing or vice versa. I want to do both. My favorite authors are Tracy Chevalier, Ann Patchett, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, Rick Riordan, and Stephanie Meyer. I have too many to name, but those are a handful of them. When I'm not spending time with the family, working, reading, or writing, I can be found watching The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, The Middle, and NCIS.

I love to interact with readers and have recently added features to my website at http://www.evapohler.com with this in mind. If you email me your art and/or stories based on The Gatekeeper's Trilogy, or on Greek mythology in general, I will post them on my website for others to enjoy. I have also added a short video on the Olympians and a fun Jeopardy Game to test your knowledge. Please visit my website for more details.


Thanks for taking the time to read about me and my writing!

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


Stops on the Tour:
7/29 Review Hot Off the Shelves
7/29 Promo Night Owl Reads
7/31 Review The Book Maven
7/31 Review Words I Write Crazy
8/8 Review T B R
8/8 Review Ohana Day Academy
8/9 Interview Pure Jonel
Amazon Review Gatosqueak 
Amazon Review grandbub
Amazon Review K. April Holgate

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your review and for having me on your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!