Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week 27 Review: The Darkest Surrender

From Goodreads:
Possessed by the demon of Defeat, Strider cannot lose a challenge without suffering unimaginable pain. For him, nothing stands in the way of victory. Until Kaia, an enchanting Harpy, tempts him to the razor's edge of surrender. Known among her people as The Disappointment, Kaia must bring home the gold in the Harpy Games or die. Strider is a distraction she can't afford because he has an agenda of his own-steal first prize, an ancient godly artifact, before the winner can be named. But as the competition heats up, only one prize will matter-the love neither had thought possible...

First review of The Darkest Surrender
My Review:
Such a fantastic book! Loved rereading it, I had forgotten a good deal of the little things, but the bigger things, well, those stuck, because yeah, Strider and Kaia were an awesome couple, and I loved reading about them!

So the fact that his demon come into play with their relationship, I kinda remembered that. But seeing that all in action again, well, I'm pretty sure that Kaia likes that, as Strider has to keep beating himself! Though at some point, they're just never going to leave where they go or something!

Lots of developments in this book-like winning the 4th artifact, finding out that Kane was/is supposed to cause the apocalypse, and yeah, his meeting with the Fates, I'd forgotten about it, but it was pretty darn interesting!

Loved that Kaia's new name is Wing Shredder, which is much better then her old one, and one that she earned! And that we meet that one guy, who seems like he could be pretty important later on, and yeah, I can't wait for that!

This was a really fantastic book, and now I just want more!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld #8
First Read: October 2nd, 2011
Read: June 30th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: HQN
Published: January 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!