Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week 27 Review: Dead Witch Walking


From Goodreads:
All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party...and to feed.

Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining - and it's Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.

A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead...or undead.

My Review:
I loved this book so much! It was just so good, and entertaining, I don't see how I could have possible put it off for this long, because it was just that freaking fantastic! I mean, there's action almost immediately, these are characters to care about, and a world that is pretty detailed, even if we didn't get a lot of them right now, there's at least 11 more books to get those details!

So yeah, I utterly adored Rachel, she's kick ass, and she has some flaws, but she sticks up for herself, like when Trent offers her a job, and she sticks to her guns and even though she ended up being stuck as a ferret for a while, she got out of that, and met a guy because of it!

I think I have an idea of what Trent, and the others with him, are. Because yeah, it seemed pretty logical, that just because everyone thought that the species had died out, didn't mean that it did. And it makes a certain kind of sense, connect the dots, that it was mentioned that elves died out during the Turn.

Speaking of the Turn, that is part of the reason why I absolutely love this book! The world building, that man went into genetics and such instead of the moon, and ended up making a virus that killed half of the human population, but levelled out the numbers, that let the Inderlander species "come out of the coffin" which yeah, is a pretty different version of history then what we have! So utterly love it!

Yeah, this was a really fantastic book, and I can't wait to read more about Rachel, Ivy, Jenks, and Trent!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #1
Read: July 5th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: It sounded good!
Publisher: Harper Torch
Published: April 27th 2004
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!