Saturday, July 20, 2013

Week 29 Review: Upon the Midnight Clear

From Goodreads:
Ever think Scrooge had it right before the ghosts ruined his life? Meet Aidan O'Conner.
At one time he was a world-renowned celebrity who gave freely of himself and his money without wanting anything in return...until those around him took without asking. Now Aidan wants nothing of the world--or anyone who's a part of it. 

When a stranger appears at his doorstep, Aidan knows he's seen her before…in his dreams.

Born on Olympus as a goddess, Leta knows nothing of the human world. But a ruthless enemy has driven her from the world of dreams and into the home of the only man who can help her: Aidan. Her immortal powers are derived from human emotions--and his anger is just the fuel she needs to defend herself…

One cold winter's night will change their lives forever…
Trapped together in a brutal winter storm, Aidan and Leta must turn to the only power capable of saving them--or destroying them both: trust.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book a lot! It was just so good, and I'm pretty sure I can remember the first time that I'd read it, but pretty much all I remembered, was that Aidan was betrayed by his family, and that's why he is like he is before Leta!

I read somewhere that this book was originally supposed to be a short story. And I can see that, seeing as it's like, one of the shortest, if the shortest, book in the series, and how much everything was developed, and how fast paced it was!

Really enjoyed how Aidan and Leta were around each other, he's been burned by humanity, and she's mourning, and after vengeance, for her family, and seeing as the humanity that burned him was his family, the contrast was there!

I really enjoyed how this book ended, that was a really great place, and it was just a great ending. But I have to say, that of all the books by Sherrilyn Kenyon that I've read, this was my least favourite, I really enjoyed their story, but it was just a bit too short!

It was a really great book, I really enjoyed it a lot, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Dark  Hunter #13, Dream Hunter #2
Read: July 15th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: October 30th 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!