Saturday, July 27, 2013

Week 30 Review: My Life Next Door

From Goodreads:
A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another

"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.

My Review:
I mostly agree with the last sentence of the synopsis, because it's a great summer read, but with my memory, well, yeah, I don't remember a lot about Samantha and Jace, not even their names, which I got above, but I do remember the broad strokes of this book!

But I have my Goodreads review, which tells me that they were sweet characters, and I really enjoyed reading about them. Sam has her mom, who doesn't like the Garretts, and then we find out the reason she wants Sam to stay away.

Because one night, she hit something with her car. Sam eventually figures out, that what was hit, was an animal, but the Garrett mom, who's now in the hospital. And Sam' mom doesn't want the incident to ruin her political strategy. Yeah,

But yeah, love prevails, so that was really great! I also enjoyed the other characters, because they were doing things too, things that were interesting and I'd love to know more about them!

And I'm in luck, because there's going to be a companion book, and I can't wait or it!

Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Read: July 21st, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: It sounded great, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Published: June 14th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!