Saturday, July 27, 2013

Week 30 Review: The Torn Wing

From Goodreads:
London 1872 - 

A bloody escape, a deadly threat, a shocking revelation...

As an orphan who stole the Queen's ring - only to find the ring was a reservoir that held a truce between the world of Faerie and the British Court - Tiki's greatest fear suddenly becomes all too real: the fey have returned to London seeking revenge. As war escalates in the Otherworld, Queen Victoria's youngest son, Prince Leopold, is attacked. In order to protect her family and those she loves, Tiki needs to know the meaning of an fáinne sí, the birthmark that winds around her wrist. But will she be brave enough to face the truth?

My Review:
Oh, this was a really fantastic book! I loved everything that was going on, and I'm so glad that the 3rd book is already out, so I can just dive into it right away, because I need to, because it's just so fantastic! I just need more!

So this book was utter awesomeness, which, of course, is basically assured because of the awesomeness of The Faerie Ring. But man, did this book take it to a new level! Like getting to explore the world of Faerie, and finding out how she, herself is connected to it, yeah!

The parts that I really enjoyed the most, were the history, and the romance. Because the history just took me into this world, all the little details coming together, which was just awesome! And then the romance, and all that is between them, yeah, that was really great!

I kinda guessed that Tiki was the rightful heir to the throne. So yeah, when she sits on it, and it lets everyone know, well, yeah, that was just a great, spectacular ending! Absolutely loved it, and yeah, part of the reason why I want the 3rd book so much-I want to see what happens next!

Such a great, wonderful book, and now for more!

Author: Kiki Hamilton
Series: The Faerie Ring #2
Read: July 24th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book, and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Fair Wind Books
Published: August 9th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!