Saturday, July 20, 2013

Week 29 Review: Heart of the Dragon

From Goodreads:
Grace Carlyle's world was about to change . . .

Deep in the jungle on the trail of her missing brother, Grace never expected to find a secret world populated by mythological monsters -- nor guarded by a sword-wielding being whose beauty put mortal men to shame.

Darius en Kragin belongs to a race of shape-shifting warriors sworn to guard Atlantis and kill all travelers who stray within its boundaries. Yet when Grace stumbles into his realm, he finds himself tempted to betray his centuries-old vow.

Now their forbidden love will either bring their worlds together -- or tear them both apart.

My first review of Heart of the Dragon
My Review:
Gah, this book is fantastic! It will always be one of my 3 top one books, because it's just so amazing, and it's by Gena Showalter, and it's the story of Grace and Darius, with side looks at Grace's brother, and the wife of Darius's mentor.

From Grace being mad that her guide robbed her, to falling into Atlantis, and the troubles there, and then going home empty handed-but then having Darius follow her, just has a touch of hilarity! Because it kinda is, who else can say that they met the way that Grace and Darius did?

This book is the one that goes at the top of my list, and there are a few other books that I've read since that goes on this list (and no, I'm not going to say what this list is about) but I keep forgetting to actually mention that they're part of this list. I'm going to have to fix this!

I really enjoyed the side story of Alex, because of that, we got to see more of Atlantis, and those characters, while Grace and Darius were in New York, so yeah, it was really great! Though I really hope we see their mom and their aunt Sophie in later books!

Such a great, wonderful, amazing book, with some really funny parts, and yeah, now to reread more!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Atlantis #1
First Read: May 24th, 2011
Read: July 16th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading!
Publisher: HQN
Published: January 1st 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!