Saturday, July 20, 2013

Week 29 Review: Haunted

From Goodreads:
Former supernatural superpower Eve Levine has broken all the rules. But she's never broken a promise—not even during the three year's she's spent in the afterworld. So, when the Fates call in a debt she gave her word she'd pay, she has no choice but to comply.

For centuries one of the ghost world's wickedest creatures has been loosed on humanity, thwarting every attempt to retrieve her. Now it has fall to Eve to capture this demi-demon known as the Nix, who inhabits the bodies of would-be killers, compelling them to complete their deadly acts. It's a mission that becomes all too personal when the Nix targets those Eve loves most — including Savannah, the daughter she left on earth. But can a renegade witch succeed where a host of angels have failed?

My Review:
This book, it was so good. I mean, we didn't get to meet Eve in Stolen. And we only got to met Kristof briefly in Dime Store Magic, before Savannah accidentally killed him. And Savannah is their child together. And they are dead. So I really enjoyed their story!

They are such a great couple! And in death, the slate is almost wiped clean, because they still have their memories, so they still have their grudges and such, but they also have their love, and the things that were important in life, besides their kids, aren't so important anymore. And I enjoyed them together!

This mystery was really great! I remembered that there was some travelling, but I didn't remember quite what it was. And how the whole thing was combined, and how Nix came after Savannah, well, Eve's not going to let that stand!

The thing about the angels, and how Eve's going to become a part time one, well, that was really awesome, and just slightly out of character, but then there's Jamie, and some messengers passed to Savannah, so yeah, that's pretty great working solution!

I enjoyed this book so much, and yeah, I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Women of the Otherworld #5
Read: July 19th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Bantam Spectra
Published: January 1st 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!