Saturday, October 10, 2020

Week 41 Reviews: It Was Always You, For the Taking


Michaela
Timing has never been on our side. I've carried a torch for Jeremy since junior high school days. Whenever we grew closer, something happened to pull us apart again. If I had one wish this Christmas, it would be for a chance with Jeremy.

Jeremy
She's my best friend's little sister and I've wanted to taste those sweet lips since we were in high school. Just when I thought I might have the chance I discovered she was dating another guy.

But what happens when, during one magical Christmas getaway, we finally decide to take that chance?

This is a stand-alone holiday novella with a happy ending. The characters exist in the same world as Brenna Aubrey's USA Today Bestselling Gaming The System series, but you don't need to have read any of those books to enjoy this story. 

From Goodreads:
So I married my nemesis…
My new life in the States and dream job as a game tester just hit a massive snag. If I don't want immediate deportation on my to-do list, I need help, stat. Quickest solution—marry Lucas Walker, my cranky and oh-so-annoying co-worker.

Still, this can work. We'll have rules and have to stick to them. I won't think about his muscled arms or how stupid handsome he is even while he pushes all my hot buttons. It's a marriage on paper only. I need to remember that.

Player two, press start.
When that exasperating Canadian, Katya Ellis, asked for help, I agreed because she was willing to help me in return. She doesn't need to know it's in my best interest for her to stay in the country. Nope, this is a business arrangement through and through. Which means I'll set aside all those involuntary fantasies I've been having about her shapely body pressed to mine…

What could go wrong? Welp… as it turns out, just about everything.

My Review:
Yeah, I really enjoyed reading these stories! I've enjoyed Brenna Aubrey's writing since I read At Any Price as an ARC from NetGalley. I've loved all of her books that I've read, and I loved reading about Michaela and Jeremy again, and reading Kat and Lucas's story! 

I had read It Was Always You previously, but it did get revamped last year. I wasn't planning on reading it, but between the revamp, and from what I'd read of For the Taking, well, I had to reread it! And I'm so glad that I did, it was just a really enjoyable story! 

For the Taking, boy, was it a fantastic read! I've loved the series from the beginning, and we got the tease for this story at the back of Worth Any Cost, we basically had the start of their story. I just wanted to see where things would go from that impossibly weird situation! 

The banter between these two, well, the sparks were really flying! But as it is a fake marriage, there's a few things that they don't know about each other. Mainly, their families, and secrets about their past because of their families. Yeah, they've been scarred by what happened. 

Wow, I just loved that ending! I loved seeing her stand up for herself, and that these two found happiness-and they have a pretty fantastic future to look forward to. After all the struggles that they've gone through, they deserve it! 

I have one question, and it's only related as this is a series. 3 years ago, Brenna Aubrey answered a Goodreads ask saying that books 8 and 9 were going to be about Jordan and April, making their story a trilogy. This was 3 years ago, so I'm wondering, is this still the plan, or it something else going to happen? I need to know! 

Loved reading these two stories, and I can't wait to read more by Brenna Aubrey! 

Author: Brenna Aubrey
Series: Gaming the System #6.5, 7
First Read: July 28th, 2015
Read: October 6th, 6th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike, Author for Review
Reason Why: Love her writing and the series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books!
Publisher: Silver Griffon Associates
Published: May 22nd 2015, September 30th 2020

It Was Always You:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








For the Taking: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!