Saturday, October 10, 2020

Week 41 Review: In a Holidaze

From Goodreads:
It's the most wonderful time of the year…but thirty-year-old Maelyn Jones is in the midst of a major crisis. She's living with her mom, hates her boring job, and has yet to make any romantic progress with Andrew, the friend she's been in love with for the last thirteen years.

But perhaps worst of all, this is the last Christmas Mae will be at her favorite place in the world—the Utah cabin where she and her family have spent every holiday since she was born. Devastated as she drives away from the cabin for the final time, Mae throws out what she thinks is a simple wish to the universe: show me what will make me happy.

The next thing she knows there's a screech of tires and metal, followed by Mae gasping awake…on an airplane bound for Utah. Now Mae has the chance to live the holidays all over again but with one disaster after another sending her repeatedly back in time, she has to figure out how to end this strange holiday loop and get Andrew under the mistletoe. Otherwise, she's going to need a miracle.

My Review:
This book was just so fun to read! I think I've seen bits of Groundhog Day, so I'm not sure if it's a Christmas movie or not, but this is definitely a Christmas novel. I just enjoyed reading about Mae repeating this holiday week with this tight knit group!

I loved how close that this group all was, that the first generation were friends who got together one year because a friend's parents were gone, and have made it a tradition, including their families as they had them. That their kids grew up together. It's such a touching story! But then there's the downside that they have to sell the cabin where they've hosted the group. But yeah that Mae got to repeat the week, even though it's a wild ride, because there's a happy ending to the story!

It's funny, that their parents always linked Mae and Theo, but Mae's had a crush on older brother Andrew since she was 13. Given the chance to redo the week gave Mae a chance to correct her mistakes, and I really enjoyed seeing that time!

There were a lot of emotional moments. Mae goes for what she wants, things go wrong, of course, and things are worked out. I really enjoyed how they did work out. And the nostalgia factor is there, and it was just such a cozy, wonderful read!

This was such a wonderful read, I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for more from Christina Lauren!

Author: Christina Lauren
Read: October 6th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Gallery Books
Published: October 6th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!