Saturday, March 6, 2021

Week 9 Reviews: Regression, Evolussion, Revolussion



From Goodreads:
Fourteen-year-old Adya Jordan is too good to be true. Her skills with people, information, and technology make her the perfect new intern at megacorp Three Eleven, the company which covertly controls the world in an alternate 1985. Could this be because this is not her first lifetime? Or even her second? Or does it have more to do with the strange sequence of DNA in her cells?

Find out what makes Adya tick as she and a group of elite scientists strive to prevent a global disaster. 

Twenty-six years of planning could not prepare them for this. The world is well aware of the ongoing efforts of megacorp Three Eleven after they went public in 1985 about an impending asteroid impact coming in 2011. What they don't know about is the new species of human evolving within the walls of the corporation. 

Company figurehead Dawn Ingram has not only a secret identity, but also a secret entity within her genes. This strand of alien DNA has been passed on to the fifty-three children infiltrating Three Eleven initiatives, carrying with them the lifetime memories and knowledge of their parents, and something more. Two of these children make an alarming discovery on a Jovian moon, setting in motion a cascading series of events which will tear apart the team which has worked together for decades. 

Corporate control of information and technology keeps the world complacent as Three Eleven proceeds with their plans, unchallenged with the exception of underground journalist Stew Singleton. His Stewlogs shout out to those who will listen, demanding people ask more questions, look more closely, and wrest back some of the power they had ceded to Three Eleven in the panic of '85. Although he does not work hand-in-hand with them, he does applaud the efforts of terrorist group Anvolussion. A group whose leader, Lavrentios Alexopoulos, has gone missing after a bombing went wrong. 

Nothing in the world is quite like Nicholas Weaver expected to find when he lay himself down to die for the eleventh time, awakening again as a twelve-year-old searching for his lost love. He finds the fruits of his labour have borne unexpected seeds, but is unsure the future is safe even with his monumental efforts. The fate of the planet might be out of all of their hands. Sequel to bestselling Regression. 

Dawn Ingram, Peter Merten and the Three Eleven team have worked for decades to prepare for November 11, 2011, even though they did not know what they were preparing for. Now that the future has arrived, they face an enemy unlike anything they have imagined, and find help from places they never dreamt of.

Join Nicholas Weaver, Stew Singleton, Avery and Ashton Hansen and Dawn Ingram as they fight the advance of the Effigee by using the alien technology against the aliens themselves. When the invaders arrive, an ancient device gives Dawn and the plumans the final edge to win the war...but at what cost?

My Review:
I had a great time reading these books! I've loved this series ever since I won a copy of Regression, I loved the science and that ending was just so darned satisfying. And then I read Evolussion, which was a pretty great sequel. And for some reason, I didn't read Revolussion when it came out, so I had to finish the series, and since it had been so long, I had to start from the beginning!

One thing that I just find so delightful, is that book 3 came out November 11th, 2011. Which is the date that this series revolves around, why the company is named Three Eleven. So that was just a great little detail about this series! 

I think I enjoyed the first book the most, and each subsequent book, I enjoyed less. I think it's because I enjoyed the science, and with each book, there was more magic, with the addition of White Buffalo Woman, and I just didn't enjoy that all meshing together, it just didn't work for me.  

Adya-then Dawn's story was just fantastic to read. The first book, it's mainly Adya's perspective, with some of Nicholas's journal entries. And with each book, we got more and more perspectives, as the world grew, and the plot advanced. But it did focus right in on Adya in the end, and it was pretty bittersweet, but it worked together really well.

I had a great time reading this series and I'm so glad that I did, it was so entertaining! 

Author: Kathy Bell
Series: Infinion #1, 2, 3
First Read: 2009, 2010
Second Read: 2010
Read: February 28th, March 1st, 2nd, 2021
Source: Own, Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading, and I had to finish out the series! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books and Revolussion is a End of Series 2021 Book!
Publisher: Northern Sanctum Press
Published: July 1st 2009, August 4th 2010, November 11th 2011

Regression:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Evolussion:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Revolussion:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!