Saturday, April 17, 2021

Week 15 Review: The Remarried Empress Volume 1, The Remarried Empress Volume 2, The Remarried Empress Volume 3, The Remarried Empress Volume 4, The Remarried Empress Volume 5





From Goodreads:
Episode 1 - 15

Navier Ellie Trovi was an empress perfect in every way -- intelligent, courageous, and socially adept. She was kind to her subjects and devoted to her husband. Navier was perfectly content to live the rest of her days as the wise empress of the Eastern Empire. That is, until her husband brought home a mistress and demanded a divorce. "I accept this divorce… And I request an approval of my remarriage." In a shocking twist, Navier remarries another emperor and retains her title and childhood dream as empress. But just how did everything unfold?

Episode 16  - 30

Episode 31 - 45.

Episode 46 - 60.

Episode 61 - 75.

My Review:
I wasn't planning on reading this webtoon. But it was a Club Read pick for Book Battle, and I saw that it could fit a lot of other prompts because of other people in my team, so I wanted to fill those prompts. And yeah, I devoured all of the episodes that have been published on Webtoons for free. So I haven't read episodes 73 and 74 yet, since they haven't been published for free yet (episode 68 is coming tonight, and 73 is coming for paid I think, yeah!) 

So the very start of this, we have the divorce and Navier asking for her remarriage. And then we got back and see how that came to be. So for me, the anticipate was very high, and I just want to know how we're going to get there-and what's going to happen after! And we're getting close, at the point that we're at now, and I'm so freaking pumped!

Navier was a fantastic character. She was groomed to be Empress from a young age, and like the synopsis says, she's perfect. She is kind, but she's also described as cold-hearted. But we, and Heinrey see another side of her with the letters and I just loved that. She was smart, intelligent, loyal, and she was so fantastic to read about!

On the other hand, there's the two antagonists in the series, her husband the Emperor, Sovieshu, and his mistress, Rashta. Sovieshu is awful because he treats Rashta like a doll, who is just there to adore him, basically. And he doesn't get why Navier wouldn't like Rashta, and overreacts to slights to Rasta. 

And Rashta. I'm not quite on board with the nickname the fandom has given her, but I get why. In the beginning, I just disliked her, because she was causing Navier pain, but it wasn't like it was intentional. But as the story went on, we learned more about her, and she made some pretty poor decisions, and it's all shaped her into a pretty unpleasant character. And honestly, she and Sovieshu deserve each other! And Navier doesn't, she really works with Heinrey, and I can't wait for them to get to the point at the very beginning. And it's getting close! 

I absolutely loved reading these, and I just need to know how it's all going to come together! 

Author: Alphatart, Illustrated by Sumpul  
Series: The Remarried Empress #1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Read: April 16th, 16th, 16th, 16th, 16th, 2021 
Source: Webtoon
Reason Why: It sounded really great, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! 
Publisher: Webtoons
Published: October 23rd 2020, December 22nd 2020, January 26th 2021, March 20th 2021, April 13th 2021

The Remarried Empress Volume 1:  
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Remarried Empress Volume 2:   
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Remarried Empress Volume 3:  
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Remarried Empress Volume 4:  
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Remarried Empress Volume 5: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!