Sunday, April 11, 2021

Wheel of TBR #46, April 11th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity  to have a grace on a book-if I haven't read it in the week or month I was supposed to, than I don't have to read it (though I'll still try and read it shortly thereafter). The reward can work for only one book. Which would prevent me from getting a punishment, but it takes 4 weeks to get a reward, so I'm fine with that. It evens out for me!

Of the books from the last week, I read A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa Sheinmel, Inland by Kat Rosenfield, and I started Windwitch by Susan Dennard.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen, , so I have The Once and Future Queen by Clara O'Connor, The Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Soulbound by Z Brewer, Pushing Perfect by Michelle Falkoff, Zenith by Lindsay Cummings and Sasha Alsberg, Tears of Frost by Bree Barton, Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen, The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody, Kingdom of Shadow and Light by Karen Marie Moning, Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski, left! 

For the rewards, and I have 4(+1?)/4 needed for the next reward, and I made it to my next reward, so I have 3 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
End the Series, Chapter Titles, ARC-Edelweiss. 

End the Series-Blue-Winter by Marissa Meyer-This is the end of the The Lunar Chronicles series, so it works! 

Chapter Titles-Green-Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard-This book has words instead of numbers marking each chapter, so it has chapter titles! 

ARC-Edelweiss-Yellow-The Theft of Sunlight by Intisar Khanani-I got this book from Edelweiss to review, so it works! Dustborn by Erin Bowman-I also got this book from Edelweiss, so it also works! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 1
Orange: 4
Yellow: 2
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 3 
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 1 
Azure: 1
Blue: 1
Violet: 2
Magenta: 1 
Rose: 0

Prompts for Next Week:
Coin Toss-Red
Month-Orange
Start the Series-Yellow
Genre-Chartreuse
Blind-Green
Author As Last Read-Spring Green
TBR Cart-Cyan
Book to Read in 2021-Azure
Jax Pick-Blue
Page Count As Last Read-Violet
Year-Magenta
Goodreads Update Feed-Rose 

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!