Saturday, April 24, 2021

Week 16 Review: Realm Breaker

From Goodreads:
A strange darkness grows in Allward.

Even Corayne an-Amarat can feel it, tucked away in her small town at the edge of the sea.

She soon discovers the truth: She is the last of an ancient lineage—and the last hope to save the world from destruction. But she won't be alone. Even as darkness falls, she is joined by a band of unlikely companions:

A squire, forced to choose between home and honor.
An immortal, avenging a broken promise.
An assassin, exiled and bloodthirsty.
An ancient sorceress, whose riddles hide an eerie foresight.
A forger with a secret past.
A bounty hunter with a score to settle.

Together they stand against a vicious opponent, invincible and determined to burn all kingdoms to ash, and an army unlike anything the realm has ever witnessed.

My Review:
Well I loved this book! I really enjoyed the Red Queen series, so I was looking forward to this one. And oh, this world was so interesting with the gates that have been closed for who knows how long. I loved watching this band of characters come together on this fairly helpless quest!

I both like and don't like how this story was told. We focused on three of the main characters for a good chunk of the book, and slowly were introduced to the others. This meant that we knew some of them as well as you can in a first book, and others hardly at all. So I'm conflicted.

This world with the Spindles, and how they can travel between realms-but have been closed for such a long time, that now, are being opened up, was really great to read! That it was the bad guys, and nobody wanted to come and help stop them, not so great!

The were some shocking moments in this book, like when we found out the Queen was marrying Corane's uncle, and oh, were there action scenes. That ending was really fantastic, and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for the sequel! 

Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Realm Breaker #1 
Read: April 17th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: May 4th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!