Saturday, April 17, 2021

Week 15 Review: Season of Storms

From Goodreads:
The New York Times bestselling series that inspired the Witcher video games.

World fantasy award lifetime achievement winner, Andrzej Sapkowski, introduces Geralt of Rivia, a witcher who is one of the few capable of hunting the monsters that prey on humanity. A mutant who has the task of killing unnatural beings. He uses magical signs, potions, and the pride of every witcher -- two swords, steel and silver.

But, a contract has gone wrong, and Geralt finds himself without his trademark weapons. Now, he needs them back because sorcerers are scheming and across the world clouds are gathering.
The season of storms is coming...

My Review:
This was such a fantastic read! I loved having a full length story of Geralt, espcailly since I heard that in the full length books coming up, it's going to be narrated in part by people around him, not Geralt himself. So that's going to be interesting, so I really relished this book where it was mainly him! 

So this book had excerpts separating every chapter. One or two were from our world, but mainly they were from the Witcher world, and the majority from what appears to be Dandelion's book. But there were others that seemed to be textbooks and such. And one mentions that the town/kingdom, because of poor leadership, ended up absorbed by their neighbour. Which isn't the case during the course of this book, which is what made me realize, the excerpt was written in the future, events that hadn't happened yet. So that was really interesting! 

I really enjoyed this story of Geralt going to this small kingdom and is arrested because of sorcerer plans. I was iffy on the "romance" with Coral, but honestly, he really has a weird way with the ladies. And I loved how the story continued from there, with his stolen swords, the bureaucracy, and of course, monsters! 

A big theme that I've gotten from this series thus far, is that not all monsters aren't so bad as legend-as humans-makes them out to be. That they're protecting themselves from humanity. That humanity is the greater evil. Though the sorcerers, one in particular, are the main villains in this book. 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Andrzej Sapkowski
Series: The Witcher #0.6 
Read: April 16th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Loving this series and his writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Orbit
Published: November 6th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!