Saturday, April 17, 2021

Week 15 Reviews: Fairest, The Princess and the Guard, Winter, Something Old, Something New, COVID-128





From Goodreads:
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana's story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her "glamour" to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.

In this prequel to Winter, we see a young Winter and Jacin playing a game called the Princess and the Guard…

From Goodreads:
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?

In this epilogue to Winter, friends gather for the wedding of the century…

Surprise! I wrote a new Lunar Chronicles short story, inspired by the prompt from @fiercereads asking what our characters would be doing during a time of social distancing. It was really fun for me to hang out with these characters again for a little while, and I hope you'll enjoy it!

My first review of Fairest, Winter
My Review:
I had a great time reading these books again! I just loved the stories of Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter, Kai, Wolf, Carswell, and Jacin! It's been so long since I first read them, so I only remembered some of the story. But I forgot things like Cinder did get captured, Kai and Levana did get married. Things like that.

Fairest, it was interested to be in Levana's head. Because she really doesn't get that what she's doing is wrong. And that's contrasted by Winter in her short story, when she decides not to use her abilities because they can hurt people. Levana gets Evert to marry her, thinks that they're in love. But they're not,, and it ruins all of their lives. And I don't think that Winter will find out the truth about what happened when her dad was killed. Though I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I think my favourite part in Winter was Scarlet and Winter's relationship, because Scarlet is just so annoyed with Winter, but it's affectionate. I forgot why, but it totally makes sense, because of her grandmother. 

All of these characters had a part to play in taking down Levana. And it was so satisfying! But I'm so glad that we got the two short stories after, of Scarlet and Wolf's wedding, which was so adorable! And the COVID story, that was a nice surprise, to get more of this world! And now I can read the Nerves and Wires graphic novels, yeah! 

This was an excellent end half of the series, and I really loved these books! 

Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3.5, 3.6, 4, 4.5, 4.6
First Read: January 28th, 2015, November 19th, 2015
Read: April 12th, 13th, 13th, 13th, 13th, 2021
Source: Own, Online
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're 2021 Dystopia Books, 2021 Retelling Reading Challenge Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! And Winter is a End of Series 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends, Fierce Reads
Published: January 27th 2015, February 2nd 2016, November 10th 2015, February 2nd 2016, May 20th 2020

Fairest: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Princess and the Guard:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Winter:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars
 







Something Old, Something New:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








COVID-128
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!