Saturday, April 17, 2021

Week 15 Review: Dustborn

From Goodreads:
Delta of Dead River sets out to rescue her family from a ruthless dictator rising to power in the Wastes and discovers a secret that will reshape her world in this postapocalyptic Western mashup for fans of Mad Max and Gunslinger Girl.

Delta of Dead River has always been told to hide her back, where a map is branded on her skin to a rumored paradise called the Verdant. In a wasteland plagued by dust squalls, geomagnetic storms, and solar flares, many would kill for it—even if no one can read it. So when raiders sent by a man known as the General attack her village, Delta suspects he is searching for her. 

Delta sets out to rescue her family but quickly learns that in the Wastes no one can be trusted—perhaps not even her childhood friend, Asher, who has been missing for nearly a decade. If Delta can trust Asher, she just might decode the map and trade evidence of the Verdant to the General for her family. What Delta doesn't count on is what waits at the Verdant: a long-forgotten secret that will shake the foundation of her entire world.

My Review:
Wow, I had such a great time reading this book! The world was absolutely desolate, and I loved watching these characters try and find a place that's more hospitable to live in! Delta was such a great character, who didn't want to deal with her niece, who is just really overall mad at the world. And I don't blame her! 

And then there's Asher. I felt really badly for Delta, because she thought he was dead. But nope, and just as she finds out that he's alive, well, the synopsis does say that she can't trust him. And I really enjoyed their relationship, they've grown a lot since they were kids, and he was such a rule-flaunter! 

I was really intrigued by the map that she and Asher have on their backs. Of where it goes, and what secrets there. I just wanted to know what was going on! And yeah, that was a really interesting secrets, and I really enjoyed how it played out! 

That ending was really amazing, I really enjoyed how it worked out! And sure, not everything is perfect, the world didn't change except this core area and people, but it'll work it's way further, and I love that! 

This was a really great read, and I had a great time reading it! 

Author: Erin Bowman
Read: April 14th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her books and it sounded really great, and it's a 2021 Dystopia Book, SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Expected Publication: April 20th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!