Saturday, April 17, 2021

Week 15 Review: WIndwitch

From Goodreads:
Susan Dennard returns with a follow up to New York Times bestselling novel Truthwitch.

After an explosion destroys his ship, the world believes Prince Merik, Windwitch, is dead. Scarred yet alive, Merik is determined to prove his sister's treachery. Upon reaching the royal capital, crowded with refugees, he haunts the streets, fighting for the weak--which leads to whispers of a disfigured demigod, the Fury, who brings justice to the oppressed.

When the Bloodwitch Aeduan discovers a bounty on Iseult, he makes sure to be the first to find her--yet in a surprise twist, Iseult offers him a deal. She will return money stolen from him, if he locates Safi. Now they must work together to cross the Witchlands, while constantly wondering, who will betray whom first?

After a surprise attack and shipwreck, Safi and the Empress of Marstok barely escape with their lives. Alone in a land of pirates, every moment balances on a knife's edge--especially when the pirates' next move could unleash war upon the Witchlands.

Sometimes our enemies are also our only allies...

My Review:
Yes, this book was such a fantastic rad! I don't know why I didn't pick it up after I first read Truthwitch, but now I've read it, and it was a spectacular read! I loved continuing to follow the adventures of Safi, Iseult, Merik and Aeduan! 

It was hard to read this book, just a little bit, to be honest. The characters have basically all separated, going on different paths-or trailing behind, in the case of Iseult and Aeduan. Though they were in the first book, it was only for parts. This was for longer, and for the most part, they weren't trying to get back together in this one. 

Pretty much all of these characters are in tough situations throughout this book. And again, since they were all basically apart, so they don't have that same support in this book. Merik's haunting his city, we get to have his sister's perspective as well, and I felt so badly for the Nihar siblings their situation and how their dad is, it appears, is manipulating them! Safi has to work with the Empress in perilous conditions, and the abrupt turn there was fascinating, and I loved all that we learned there. Though I really enjoyed Iseult and Aeduan and the tension between them! 

This book built upon the world that we met in the first book, and in this series, the tension is starting to mount, because this is a fairly high epic fantasy, and we're getting more of the threads that are going to pull together in the end, I'm assuming, and I'm so excited for that! 

I loved reading this book, and I'm so excited to read the next book next month for Witchlands-along! 

Author: Susan Dennard 
Series: The Witchlands #2
Read: April 11th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!  
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: January 10th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!