Saturday, July 10, 2021

Week 27 Review: The Kiss & The Killer

From Goodreads:
"It's not all blood and magic in my business, despite what people wanted to believe. Sometimes it was blood, magic, and cartoon bandages."

Half witch, half killer, wholly unsuccessful at every Faery Bargain so far...Geneviève Crowe makes her living beheading or resurrecting the dead in near-future New Orleans. After entering an accidental engagement, overcoming attempted murder, and discovering a family secret, Geneviève is ready for things to settle down, but carnival season in New Orleans is not the best time of year for "normal."

When Eli Stonecroft, the faery who has claimed her heart despite her best attempts, offers her a new faery bargain--she's smart enough to say no . . . right up to the point when she has to decide between dealing with the consequence of this faery bargain or facing the killer alone.

As the draugar mix with the locals and tourists, and bodies start to pile up, Geneviève is enlisted by the faery king and the draugar queen to find the killer amidst the swirl of parades and parties of carnival season.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic sequel, and just like the first book, it was so fast paced, everything was go go go, and it was utterly wonderful to read! I loved watching the continuing adventures of Geneviève, Eli and gang! It was all just so fantastic to read!

I continued to love how the bargains played a part in this series! What with the engagement in the first one, and the further developments in the novella between that and this one, and oh, yeah, what happens in this book! Bargains just further this plot along and I love it! So many developments!

I really enjoyed this mystery, it was interesting, and I wanted to see who was behind it! And I wonder how wide-spread that draugar/faery hate group has spread, and their effects. They are hypocrites, and I want to see them get their just deserts! 

 My question is, will the marriage bond thing that they went through-the one that afterwards, Geneviève saw that Eli had fangs, would that affect the baby she's going to carry? Did it change his DNA just a little bit? I would love to know without her actually having to have a baby in the series! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Faery Bargain #1 
Read: July 4th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Melissa Marr
Published: April 15th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!