Monday, September 13, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #536, September 13th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #535
Teaser Tuesday #543
WWW Wednesday #543
WOW #539
Will the Time Come #536
Third Sentence Thursday #526
Random Reads #512
First Lines Friday #539
Book Blogger Hop #205
The Reward Challenge Update #521
Wheel of TBR #68
How Well I Stuck to It #373
Wrote that Review Update #371

Week 36 Reviews:
Bond of Destiny

Becca's BookoplAthon: 

Magical Readathon: Orilium: 
Update 19

OK, so I got 40 posts in 7 days, and things are going pretty swimmingly, I read a good number of books, and I did make progress on my bookshelves and unpacking, though I have a few big pushes before I only have one collection left to deal with, because I currently have 3! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read When Sorrows Come.

Toby's getting married! Now in hardcover, the fifteenth novel of the Hugo-nominated, New York Times-bestselling October Daye urban fantasy series.

It's hard to be a hero. There's always something needing October "Toby" Daye's attention, and her own desires tend to fall by the wayside in favor of solving the Kingdom's problems. That includes the desire to marry her long-time suitor and current fiancé, Tybalt, San Francisco's King of Cats. She doesn't mean to keep delaying the wedding, it just sort of...happens. And that's why her closest friends have taken the choice out of her hands, ambushing her with a court wedding at the High Court in Toronto. Once the High King gets involved, there's not much even Toby can do to delay things...

...except for getting involved in stopping a plot to overthrow the High Throne itself, destabilizing the Westlands entirely, and keeping her from getting married through nothing more than the sheer volume of chaos it would cause. Can Toby save the Westlands and make it to her own wedding on time? Or is she going to have to choose one over the other?

Includes an all-new bonus novella!

12 comments:

  1. When Sorrows come looks really good. A good fantasy story is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fantastic read, I love the series so much! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I’m sure you are glad to be almost finished with all the unpacking!
    I haven’t had a chance to keep up with the October Daye series unfortunately…one day!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have hardly unpacked at all. Opps. I keep changing where I want my bookshelves, so I can't unpack further! But hopefully you get a chance to catch back up, because it's such a great series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Oooh enjoy!! I need to start the Toby Daye series someday, seems like an urban fantasy series I could really get into. I know I have the first several books, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it's a fantastic series, so I hope if you pick them up, you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Boy you were busy! My review game is really lacking and I need to get busy on it.

    Here is my link:
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-place.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the review posts, but I'm so behind on the reviews! Bah! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. Happy reading, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you do, too! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. I'm rereading The Inheritance Games right now before I read The Hawthorne Legacy. I enjoyed it the first time and am enjoying it this time too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I just absolutely adore her writing! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!