Saturday, September 11, 2021

Week 36 Review: The Gravedigger's Son

From Goodreads:
The job should have been easy.

Get in. Assess the situation. Get out. But for veteran tracker Quentin Rutherford, things get sticky when the girl he's loved since puberty shows up, conducting her own investigation into the strange occurrences of the small, New Mexico town. He knew it would be a risk coming back to the area, but he had no idea Amber Kowalski had become a bona fide PI, investigating things that go bump in the night. He shouldn't be surprised, however. She can see through the dead as clearly as he can. The real question is, can she see through him?

But is anything that's worth it ever easy?

To say that Amber is shocked to see her childhood crush would be the understatement of her fragile second life. One look at him tells her everything she needs to know. He's changed. So drastically she barely recognizes him. He is savage now, a hardened—in all the right places—demon hunter, and she is simply the awkward, lovestruck girl he left behind.

But she doesn't have time to dwell on the past. A supernatural entity has set up shop, and it's up to them to stop it before it kills again.

While thousands of questions burn inside her, she has to put her concern over him, over what he's become, aside for now. Because he's about to learn one, undeniable fact: she's changed, too.

My Review:
I loved reading this book so much! I love Amber and Quentin so much, and I'm so glad that we got their story, they've been a part of the Charley Davidson for such a long time, I think she was in the first book, and he was in the first 4. And now that they're adults, well, things are heating up!

Both of them have picked up a secret or two while they've been apart, and so they both have some learning to do of the other again. They're not strangers, but they aren't as close as they used to be, and that's a little sad, but it's temporary! 

This case that they have to deal with, I had a great time watching them do so! This demon that Quentin has been hunting for a while, and the victim who Amber is trying to help. That their paths crossed like this is so unlikely, and so fantastic!

I really enjoyed how things worked out, with the case, and with their relationship! I love that they've found each other again, and I hope if and when we get Beep's series, that we'll see these two again, because they're just such great characters!

This was an utterly fantastic read, and I can't wait to see what happens next in this world!

Author: Darynda Jones 
Series: Charley Davidson #13.6
Read: September 10th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: 1001 Dark Nights Press
Published: May 11th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!