Saturday, January 1, 2022

Week 52 Review: Romancing the Gravestone

From Goodreads:
She suspects everyone of everything. Sometimes she gets it right.

Jane Ladling is the sole proprietor of her family's landlocked cemetery, Garden of Memories. She's responsible for the, er, guests, but there's a slight problem. Well, besides her moody cat, Rolex, and her sixty-two-year-old best friend's unrequited crush on the sheriff. An extra body now rests in Plot #39.

Enter Special Agent Conrad Ryan. He's gruff, he's gorgeous, and oh, yes, he kind of suspects her of murder. What's an innocent—and very single, not that it matters—girl to do? Solve the crime herself. Even if she must turn the small town of Aurelian Hills, Georgia upside down.

The only line she won't cross? Falling for the first man to make her heart flutter. Nope, not happening. Not even a little.

My Review:
This was such a great cozy mystery! I loved these characters and the way that Jane went about investigating the murder-and those around her either helped or tried to hinder, in the case of Special Agent Conrad Ryan, given that it's his job to investigate. It was such a great and hilarious read! 

I loved Jane, she was such a fantastic and hilarious character, I loved the logic jumps that she made, the family that she found and created, and she was really great to read about! And the mystery she was investigating was intriguing as well! 

I loved the group that Jane forms around her, of her grandmother's, and now her, best friend, of Special Agent Conrad Ryan, and her returning friend, Beau. They had some really great group interactions. I loved how they all reacted to her being sick, and the phone calls she made were hilarious! 

That ending when they caught the bad guy though? Clues either professionally found or found by Jane, all the theories, they all helped when catching the bad guy, and I really enjoyed that, because of course there was a bit of an absurd situation of the catching of he bad guy! It was fantastic! 

I had a great time reading this book, and I can't wait for the sequel! 

Authors: Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe  
Series: Jane Ladling #1
Read: December 29th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love Gena Showalter's writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher:
Published: September 25th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!