Saturday, January 8, 2022

Week 1 Review: The Lost Adventures

From Goodreads:
For three years, millions of eager fans tuned in to watch new episodes of Nickelodeon's hit animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Ever since, fans have been hungry for more—and now their wait is finally over!

This volume collects the long-out-of-print, fan-favorite comics previously published in Nickelodeon Magazine and with the Airbender DVDs, plus over seventy brand-new comics pages. That's twenty-six stories set in Airbender continuity, by a host of top-notch talent, many of whom worked on the original animated series!

* A must-have for any Airbender fan!

* Twenty-six in-continuity stories, plus bonus content!

* The latest release in an ongoing partnership between Nickelodeon and Dark Horse, to bring you the very best in Airbender books! 

My Review:
Oh, I had a lot of fun reading this graphic novel! I love the Avatar: The Last Airbender serires, and I'm trying to read all the content that comes along with it! I'm not sure if I'll read the prose novels, since I don't want to prose novels of an established world from a different medium (DC, Star Wars, etc) so I'm not sure about that. But I'll read all the graphic novels from this world!

I loved that we got these various stories from various times along Team Avatar's adventures! Most of them were split up between the book seasons of the show, thought there were a few extra that I don't know where they go on the timeline, besides that they were during the show. Sot that was really great to get these little peaks into this world!

I don't think I can pick out a favourite story, they were all so short, and just gave us brief glimpses. Though now that I think about it, the one where Appa and Momo gathered the fruit during the night and then were chastised by being lazy the next morning was pretty great! The one that hurt the most was in the Water section, where Aang sees Air Temple pendant, is told it's new, and thinks there might have been an Air Bender survivor (well, it'd be a descendent now) and the way it turns out was really sad! 

This collection was illustrated by different people, so some of the stories were in a different art style. I preferred the style that was the most frequent, the one that looked the most like the show, but I did enjoy the others as well, they were easy to see what was going on!

Love reading this collection, and I can't wait to continue!  

Authors: Aaron Ehasz, Alison Wilgus, Brian Ralph, Dave Roman, Frank Pittarese, J. Torres, Johane Matte, Josh O'Bryan, Joshua Hamilton, Katie Mattila, May Chan, Rawles Lumumba, Tim Hendrick, Illlustrated by Amy Kim Ganter, Corey Lewis, Elsa Garagaza, Ethan Spaulding, Gurihiru, Joaquim Dos Santos, Justin Ridge, Reagan Lodge, Tom McWeeney 
Series: Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics #0.1
Read: January 7th, 2022
Source: Online 
Reason Why: Love the TV show, and I need to read all the content! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Dark Horse Books 
Published: July 5th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!