Saturday, April 9, 2022

Week 14 Review: Wicked Beauty

From Goodreads:
She was the face that launched a thousand ships,
The fierce beauty at the heart of Olympus,
And she was never ours to claim.

*A scorchingly hot modern retelling of Helen of Troy, Achilles, and Patroclus that's as sinful as it is sweet.*

In Olympus, you either have the power to rule...or you are ruled. Achilles Kallis may have been born with nothing, but as a child he vowed he would claw his way into the poisonous city's inner circle. Now that a coveted role has opened to anyone with the strength to claim it, he and his partner, Patroclus Fotos, plan to compete and double their odds of winning.

Neither expect infamous beauty Helen Kasios to be part of the prize...or for the complicated fire that burns the moment she looks their way.

Zeus may have decided Helen is his to give to away, but she has her own plans. She enters into the competition as a middle finger to the meddling Thirteen rulers, effectively vying for her own hand in marriage. Unfortunately, there are those who would rather see her dead than lead the city. The only people she can trust are the ones she can't keep her hands off—Achilles and Patroclus. But can she really believe they have her best interests at heart when every stolen kiss is a battlefield?

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! I'm just loving all of the Katee Robert books, but this world and this series is near and dear. It's some of the first that I read in my deep dive into her catalogue, and this is the latest installment, and of course I devoured it! 

I did read the sample chapters that was put on on NetGalley, so I knew a bit more of the set up of the story then the synopsis gives you, and I was so pumped to see how it was going to play out-because Helen entering the competition is a huge upset, and I had to know everything was going to happen! 

Watching these three dance around one another was really great. Achilles and Patroclus are a committed couple, and adding Helen to their dynamic was really fun to watch, there was something about the other two that connected, in different ways, and I loved it!

This is the first book where the main plot of this series-who is going to become Ares-is a gamechanger in the world. The others had those moments, but they weren't the focus, they happed because of the focus. Who ended up being Ares, I couldn't see another way it could happen, and I couldn't get enough! Things are ramping up, and I loved the developments-and I need to know more about them! 

This was such a great installment in this series, and I'm so excited to see where it goes from here! 

Author: Katee Robert
Series: Dark Olympus #3
Read: April 6th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a 2022 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Expected Publication: June 7th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!