Saturday, October 1, 2022

Week 39 Review: The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina

From Goodreads:
The Montoyas are used to a life without explanations. They know better than to ask why the pantry never seems to run low or empty, or why their matriarch won't ever leave their home in Four Rivers—even for graduations, weddings, or baptisms. But when Orquídea Divina invites them to her funeral and to collect their inheritance, they hope to learn the secrets that she has held onto so tightly their whole lives. Instead, Orquídea is transformed, leaving them with more questions than answers.

Seven years later, her gifts have manifested in different ways for Marimar, Rey, and Tatinelly's daughter, Rhiannon, granting them unexpected blessings. But soon, a hidden figure begins to tear through their family tree, picking them off one by one as it seeks to destroy Orquídea's line. Determined to save what's left of their family and uncover the truth behind their inheritance, the four descendants travel to Ecuador—to the place where Orquídea buried her secrets and broken promises and never looked backed.

Alternating between Orquídea's past and her descendants' present, The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina is an enchanting novel about what we knowingly and unknowingly inherit from our ancestors, the ties that bind, and reclaiming your power.

My Review:
This was such a great read! I really enjoyed her YA books, and I was excited to see what her adult one would be. I had a really great time in this world of Orquídea Divina, and her particular magic, and I loved reading her story, and the story of her descendents! 

I did listen to this one on audiobook, but I did look at the ebook at points to read the details slower, to imprint them on my mind. And I'm glad I did, because there was a family tree at the beginning of the book, so I could see how this whole family was related, because Orquídea had a lot of husbands-and kids! 

I really enjoyed the way that this book was told, going back and forth between Orquídea's past, and her descendents' present, or those that are relevant to what was currently going on. We mainly had Marimar, though Ray and Tatinelly also got perspectives.

We know that something bad happened, that's why Orquídea was the way that she was. That she was hiding a first husband, and a first child, that someone was after them, I wanted to know how all that went down. And how it all connected, man, it was a bit of a heartbreaking story, but I really enjoyed it! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to read more by Zoraida Córdova!

Author: Zoraida Córdova
Read: September 29th, 2022
Source: Library 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Atria Books 
Published: September 7th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!