Saturday, October 8, 2022

Week 40 Review: Dark Room Etiquette

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Sayers Wayte has everything—until he's kidnapped by a man who tells him the privileged life he's been living is based on a lie.

Trapped in a windowless room, without knowing why he's been taken or how long the man plans to keep him shut away, Sayers faces a terrifying new reality. To survive, he must forget the world he once knew, and play the part his abductor has created for him.

But as time passes, the line between fact and fiction starts to blur, and Sayers begins to wonder if he can escape . . . before he loses himself.

My Review:
I was looking forward to reading this book, I enjoyed her other book, but this one sounded even better, it's not just a contemporary, and I just wanted to know what was going to happen next! It was such an entertaining read!

Sayer was an entitled asshole at the start of this book. His parents gave him everything that he wanted, and he didn't really have anything to do in his life. But then he is kidnapped, and his whole world changes, and he has to deal with the fallout.

The first half was terrifying, as Sayer learned some harsh lessons, while he's trapped in this room. I felt bad for him, but I also felt bad for his kidnapper, as well, he did this horrible thing because he himself wasn't well.

Then the second half, it's Sayer dealing with this trama that he went through. His mental health really took a beating, and his sense of self was really damaged, as well. It was difficult, watching Sayer go through all of this! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Robin Roe! 

Author: Robin Roe
Read: October 2nd, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good and I enjoyed her first book, and it's a SAC 2022, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: October 11th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!