Saturday, October 8, 2022

Week 40 Review: I Am Margaret Moore

From Goodreads:
Lyrical and haunting, Hannah Capin's I Am Margaret Moore is a paranormal thriller that tests the hold of sisterhood and truth.

I am a girl. I am a monster, too.

Each summer the girls of Deck Five come back to Marshall Naval School. They sail on jewel-blue waters; they march on green drill-fields; they earn sunburns and honors. They push until they break apart and heal again, stronger.

Each summer Margaret and Rose and Flor and Nisreen come back to the place where they are girls, safe away from the world: sisters bound by something more than blood.

But this summer everything has changed. Girls are missing and a boy is dead. It's because of Margaret Moore, the boys say. It's because of what happened that night in the storm.

Margaret's friends vanish one by one, swallowed up into the lies she has told about what happened between her and a boy with the world at his feet. Can she unravel the secrets of this summer and last, or will she be pulled under by the place she once called home?

My Review:
This was such a great read! I didn't know when I requested it, that it was the same author as The Dead Queens' Club, which I recently read. But knowing that, that had me itching to pick this book up sooner, and I'm so glad that I did, because it was an amazing read! 

I loved this story about this group of friends! They're really close knit, but when a boy dies, their friend group is rocked. They're surrounded by rumours and distrust, of if it was their friend Margaret, or one of them, and the situation just gets worse and worse! 

This book jumped all over in the timeline, so we saw bits and pieces of this friend group, dealing with the aftermath of the storm, and the investigation. What I wanted most was to know what had happened, and what was going on.  

The way this book was told, it was like we were looking through a haze, or had some drunk glasses on, it was just a little bit out of sink. When we find out why, that was such a heartbreaking reveal, and ending, but it worked really well! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Hannah Capin! 

Author: Hannah Capin
Read: October 3rd, 2022
Source: Bought/NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good  and I enjoyed her other book, and it's a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Published: March 15th 2022 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!