Saturday, February 11, 2023

Week 6 Review: Warrior of the Wild

From Goodreads:
How do you kill a god?

As her father's chosen heir, eighteen-year-old Rasmira has trained her whole life to become a warrior and lead her village. But when her coming-of-age trial is sabotaged and she fails the test, her father banishes her to the monster-filled wilderness with an impossible quest: To win back her honor, she must kill the oppressive god who claims tribute from the villages each year—or die trying.

My Review:
This was such a great read! I loved reading about this world with these monsters, and a god that demands tribute. And I loved these characters, Rasmira was fierce, and I loved her journey! I couldn't get enough! 

The fact that she's betrayed by one she thought was a friend and was interested in courting, and her mother, that was horrible and wildy unfair. Like Rasmira points out, it's not her fault that her father favours her, and she does her best to offset it. 

That she's given this impossible task to kill this god, and be welcomed back to her village, well, I was rooting for her! I loved watching her gather data, and gather allies! I particularly loved Soren, he was funny and he was loyal! 

Watching that final fight play out was so great! To discover the truth of what was going on and how it was being done...that was really clever. And it's good that she's going to be in a position of power, because she had a few big changes that she can't wait to carry out! 

I loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Tricia Levenseller! 

Author: Tricia Levenseller
Read: February 10th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: I love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Historical Fiction 2023 Book and a SAC 2023 Book!  
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Published: February 26th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!