Saturday, February 18, 2023

Week 7 Review: Wind Daughter

From Goodreads:
A hauntingly beautiful fairy tale about love and loss, this Echo North companion novel is perfect for fans of the Winternight Trilogy.

In the dark, cold reaches of the north lives a storyteller and his daughter. He told his daughter, Satu, many stories--romances like the girl who loved a star and changed herself into a nightingale so she could always see him shining--but the most important story he told her was his own. This storyteller was once the formidable North Wind, but he lost his power by trading it away in exchange for mortality--he loved her mother too much to live without her. The loss of his magic impacted more than just their family, however, and now the world is unraveling in the wake of this imbalance.

To save the North, Satu embarks on a perilous journey to reclaim her father's magic, but she isn't the only one searching for it. In the snow-laden mountains, she finds herself in a deadly race with the Winter Lord who wants the North Wind's destructive powers for himself.

Satu has the chance to be the heroine of her own fairy tale, only this one has an ending she never could have imagined.

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I loved the first one, it was a great retelling, and I loved the changes. So I was excited to read this sequel. And itw as another fantastic read! I enjoyed being back in this world again!

Honestly, I felt really badly for Satu. It's not her fault that her father made this big decision that's having a such an impact on her life. She wouldn't exist without it, but she didn't make him do it. But she steps up to the task, which was fantastic to read! 

There were so many things that I loved about this book! The lyrical writing, the fact that Echo and Hal are a part of this story, so we got a peak into their lives. And watching Satu bloom, going on this quest, it was so epic!

Really enjoyed how things played out. It was a pretty tense situation with the world falling apart, but there was also the bit of a competition between her and the Winter Lord, and I loved watching it play out, it was excellent! 

This was another really great read by Joanna Ruth Meyer, and I can't wait to read more by her!  

Author: Joanna Ruth Meyer 
Series: Echo North #2
Read: February 11th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Loved the first book in the series, and it's a 2023 Retelling Reading Challenge Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!
Publisher: Page Street Kids
Published: July 12th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!