Saturday, February 25, 2023

Week 8 Review: Not Your Ex's Hexes

From Goodreads:
In April Asher's next Supernatural Singles novel, Not Your Ex's Hexes, a one-night-stand between a willful witch and a broody half-demon conjures an adventure that wouldn't be complete without several magical mishaps.

For her entire life, Rose Maxwell trained to become the next Prima on the Supernatural Council. Now that she's stepped down, it's time for this witch to focus on herself. And not think about her impulsive one-night stand with Damian Adams, a half-Demon Veterinarian who she can't get out of her head. Neither of them is looking for a relationship. But when Rose is sentenced to community service at Damian's animal sanctuary it becomes impossible for them to ignore their sparking attraction. A friends-with-benefits, no feelings, no strings arrangement works perfectly for them both.

After a sequence of dead-end jobs, it's not until Rose tangos with two snarly demons that she thinks she's finally found her path. However, this puts Damian back on the periphery of a world he thought he left behind. He doesn't approve of Rose becoming a Hunter, but if there's one thing he's learned about the stubborn witch, it was telling her not to do something was one sure-fire way to make sure she did.

Working—and sleeping—together awakens feelings Damian never knew he had...and shouldn't have. Because thanks to his ex's hex, if he falls in love, he'll not only lose his heart—but his humanity.

My Review:
I had a really great time reading this book! I really enjoyed the first time, it was a really enjoyable read, and I was looking forward to this one. This one was just as good, I loved being back in this world, and I really enjoyed these two and their romance! I mean, a hunter turned vet? What more could a girl ask for? Besides commitment? 

We had talk about their first meeting, and then saw their second, in the first book, if I remember correctly. I was really looking forward to see how their story would unfold, now that her circumstances are changed, and she's free to choose a new path. Though she's having a hard time figuring out what she wants to do.

The fact that they had a one night stand, and then she ends up having to do community service at his vet clinic, meaning that they had to spend all this time together...yeah, it was a lot of fun to read, and I really enjoyed watching their relationship progress! The fact that her idea of camera feeds that people can watch to fundraise for the shelter was so great! I do wish we could've gotten a bit of a conclusion, of how successful it had become, not just the initial take off.

Learning more about Damian and his story was really great, because he's basically a new character, with the brief appearance that he had in the first book. I loved getting to know him and the events of his past that are having an effect on his present, and how they dealt with them! The fact that he had to do is grand gesture, I just loved that! 

This was a really wonderful read, and I can't wait to read more by April Asher! 

Author: April Asher 
Series: Supernatural Singles #2
Read: February 21st, 2023
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: February 7th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!