Saturday, February 18, 2023

Week 7 Review: Fireblood

From Goodreads:
In this riveting sequel to the New York Times bestselling Frostblood, Ruby must choose between a fiery homeland that embraces who she is and the icy king who loves her. Now available in paperback!

Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the tyrannical Frost King and melted his powerful throne. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now terrorizing her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's past....

Risking the fury of her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fire Queen. Only then can she access knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax--which grows closer every moment. But as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, Ruby no longer knows whom to trust. The fates of two kingdoms are now in her hands.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really fantastic read! I loved the first one, and I was looking forward to this one. I do wish I'd read this one sooner, but I had a really fantastic time, and I can't wait to finish out this trilogy, it's so great! 

This book picks up pretty soon after the end of the first. That they're dealing with the ramifications and the trauma that happened, that was so great to read! They went through a lot in the first book, and this book did given them a chance to start working through it mentally and psychologically, though also they had practical monster catching to do! 

There were many positives in this book! Like watching her learn more about her past and her powers. Meeting Kai, and their interactions! The kind of love triangle was well done, but Arcus is the one I'm rooting for Ruby! 

Man, that ending was rough! I'm so excited to see how things will develop from here, because man, that is not a good spot to be in! I need to know more! Because boy did a lot happen! It was action packed and a reveal that I need to know how it's going to play out! 

This was a wonderful read, and I can't wait to read the 3rd and final book! 

Author: Elly Blake 
Series: Frostblood Saga #2 
Read: February 12th, 2023
Source: Own/Library
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WTC Book!  
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: September 12th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!