Saturday, February 18, 2023

Week 7 Review: Colder Than Ice

From Goodreads:
Seventeen years ago, government agent Joshua Kendall was part of the raid on the cultlike Young Believers compound. His own bullet killed an innocent girl, and he has lived with the guilt ever since. But a new assignment will reveal that the most shattering incident of Josh's life was nothing more than a lie.

Elizabeth Marcum was that girl. She survived the bullet from the botched raid and now lives under a new identity in rural Vermont, hiding from the cult leader who has managed to elude capture all these years. But she's tired of running, tired of hiding. If Mordecai Young tracks her down, so be it.

When Josh is sent to protect Elizabeth—and realizes who she is—he will do anything to keep her alive, including lying about who he is. But as Mordecai descends back into their lives they become targets in a deadly battle that threatens to shatter their last chance at life and love.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! I loved being with some of these characters that we met in the first book. I really enjoyed getting Elizabeth's story, because she had a pretty interesting role in the first book! And oh, her own story was so great! 

In the first book, Mordecai was a hidden threat for a good portion of the book. But in this one, he's there right off the bat, especially for us readers, since we had his perspective. So that upped the tension in this book, which was so entertaining! 

Elizabeth and Josh have an interesting dynamic. He shot her, which he knew right off the bat when they met again, and she didn't, since they weren't in eyesight. Watching their relationship unfold made for compelling reading! 

I really enjoyed watching both the romance and the mystery play out, they were equally strong, and worked well together. And it has me really excited for the final book, because the synopsis of book 3 has me really intrigued! 

I loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read the final book in the series! 

Author: Maggie Shayne
Series: Mordecai Young #2
Read: February 12th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!  
Publisher: MIRA
Published: September 27th 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!