Saturday, March 4, 2023

Week 9 Review: Dead Letter Days

From Goodreads:
Dead Letter Days sees Eric, Casey and the others living in a lodge in northern British Columbia, where a message in a bottle leads to a cold case that will have Eric finally grappling with his past and preparing to move into his future with Casey.

My Review:
I absolutely loved reading this story! I love Kelley Armstrong's writing, and I love this series, and having a novella from Eric's perspective, of the time after Rockton has been taken down, but their new town is still yet to be built was really great! 

This all starts off with a message in a bottle, asking their lover where to meet so that they can run away. That this message was in a bottle suggests that the lover never picked it up, which leads Eric and Casey to investigate! 

Then there's some other letters. Specifically, ones written by his birth mom, the guy that he's been taught to call dad. To finally get the truth, the confirmation of his memories, was a bittersweet thing, because it's too late to make things right, his parents have been dead for years. 

I really enjoyed seeing both sides of the story, with the investigation, and Eric deciding what he's going to do about the Daltons. I really enjoyed seeing them play out, and things were left in a good spot, great to start building their new town! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Rockton #7.5, Haven's Rock #0.5
Read: February 25th, 2023
Source: Pre-Order Incentive 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: February 20th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!